Thursday, February 28, 2013

1 Year On...

It’s been over a year since my last post so thought I’d say Hi and that I am still around and playing poker.

Last year was a very quiet year for me on the poker scene, Dann and I rested the podcast for most of the year and I only managed to play 2 European ranking main events, the £440 GPS in Birmingham and the £770 UKIPT in Bristol. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to cash in either and on the whole 2 live tourneys in 1 calendar year is abysmal to say the least. However since maybe Nov of 2012 I’ve started to get back in the game so to speak, I’m not playing anywhere near the volume of 09/10 but I’m beginning to find love for the game again.  

EPT London


This year (2013) has started off very well, I’ve managed to final table MTTs on both FTP and Stars and I’ve also managed to win a seat into the £5k EPT Main Event in London next month. I qualified for roughly £20, playing a £10+R Hyper satellite into the £200 final satellite. The £200 final was a Double Shootout Bounty (a new satellite format recently introduce by Stars), £103 going towards the seat and £103 going on your head. The final saw 60 runners with one seat, I binked the whole thinking knocking out 8 people in the process, so not a bad return on my £20. Now to push on and put in a solid showing in London, looking to do better than my performance at my last EPT ME (EPT8 in London).  

In The Muck Poker Podcast

For those unaware Dann Williams (s4ooter) and I run a poker podcast, initially it started out as a bit of fun between friends however it has started to gain some traction which is nice. It started in Aug 2011, we did a number of episodes but then went quiet for most of 2012, we picked things up again in Nov of 2012 and things have been going from strength to strength. We have almost 120 Likes on our Facebook pages with members interacting with us on a daily basis, our last 3 episodes have gained 150 listens on SoundCloud (not counting those via iTunes) and the website. Our PS Home Game has almost 110 members and we run 2 weekly leagues, a NLHE League and a Mixed Game League which have received roughly 50 unique entrants. Props goes out to DW for organising the league, he’s done an epic job and I hope it continues to go from strength to strength.

For those thinking those numbers aren’t great, we’ve pushed it very little so it’s pretty much all word of mouth, as numbers grow we hope the rate in which its popularity grows continues along with it. We have a couple of on-going discussions with grass-roots poker companies around the UK and hope to announce some partnerships very soon, in which we can start offering some added value to our members.

In The Muck Poker Podcast  

Next

Next for me it’s EPT London, heading up on Sat 9th to play the UKIPT Side at the Hippo, then getting some rest and grinding Day 1a. Follow my progress via my Twitter Feed here.

Cheers

Tom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've learn some good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you place to
create one of these magnificent informative website. Also visit my homepage
play texas poker